Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

A/C Evap Core Odor repair questions!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
chrisblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A/C Evap Core Odor repair questions!

Ok I'm always though ever step!! Just have a few issues I need to bring up!

To disconnect my AC compressor do I just disconnect the one clip that is attached to AC box (top passenger side attached to fire wall?)
While spraying the lysol through the opening...what do I turn my heater/AC dial too? I don't have recirc!
Do I just turn my key a head all the way or do I have to start the vehicle while spraying? (wonder because I'm wanting suction on the lysol I spray in)

I got the fender off and sprayed air up in the evap core drain hole...(Beat my knuckles up a bunch of times), The hold seems clear when I look with a little mirror!
If for some reason its completely clear, will it cause an issue when I plug my AC box in? (besides knowing the smell could come back, being that its still clogged)

Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A/C Evap Core Odor repair questions!

You do not have recirc? You should... It may be labeled "Max A/C". That will divert interior air over the A/C coil in the dash. You may not have to have the engine running for this to work, but it will not hurt anything.

What are you trying to do when you say "disconnect your A/C Compressor" and what clip are you talking about?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Beginning Member

Just not sure what the AC compressor is or how to unplug it? I took this pic maybe you could tell me where it gets unplugged from?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Beginning Member

Sweet!!!! I found the A/C compressor plug!!! I unplugged it / dropped the glove box / turned my AC on max/ I then used a small set of locking pliers to hold down the little lever!! not much space to work with but I managed!! sprayed half the bottle in there & will proceed with rest tomorrow! Hoping for the best! You can certainly feel the suction when you cover the left side with a rag!! Thanks for all the expert advice!!! Dammm geniuses on this forum!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to help!