Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Clear corners with fog lamps?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:29 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The corner lights and fog lights are mounted to the grille, you'll see under the chrome strip there's two cut outs you can grab a hold of, same with the part under the hood latch if you tug firmly the grille will pop off.
I'd suggest putting masking tape and rags on your bumper as I scratched mine up pretty badly when I pulled my grille off.

You should be able to get a look at the fog light then. The only thing I can think of is buying cheap eBay clear corners and modifying them somehow... the biggest problem I can see with that though is breaking the seal and getting moisture in your lights.

I thought I had seen a set made to go with fog lights... hmmm.

*Edit* if you wanna pay 77 bucks, http://cgi.ebay.ca/98-99-00-01-02-04...d=p3286.c0.m14. They look like you have a plug you can pull to put your fog lights in... I may be wrong though, I'd ask the seller.

Last edited by oktain; 08-11-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Thanks.... I was hoping for something a little different... but I might have to settle...

Old 08-11-2009, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That was an example I found after 5-ish minutes of searching. Keep looking, The only thing you may find are corner lights with the fog-light built in. Like that one had the plug in the fog-light housing which made me think you'd be able to install it.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
BF Veteran

I didnt find anything like that... I searched google... ebay... craigslist... for probably a good hour

I didnt mean to sound like they sucked... just that i thought you could buy just the turn signal... and leave the fog light be.... but if thats the only option...

Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by wlorton
i thought you could buy just the turn signal... and leave the fog light be.... but if thats the only option...
It would seem so, unless you want to risk ruining a clear corner by butchering it to gain that fog-light function.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran

I did see a thing on baking the light until the sealer comes loose and then removing the amber.... but IDK if that was for turn signals or for the older style blok headlights amber corners...

Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran

I love you!