Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

To debadge, or not to debadge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Thats like driving your very own vehicle!! It would be a crime NOT to de-badge kiwi! hell, google some SUVs that are not in NZ and we can scrape together some badges that will blow your kiwi pal's minds

Old 06-06-2009, 01:06 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Take pics of the process lol.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:36 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

lol a bit off topic, but fix your headlight ABN31B it doesnt look like the tabs on the headlight are into the holes in the core support. lol i knew there was somthing about your sig that wasnt quite right

Old 06-06-2009, 02:13 AM
BF Veteran

mikeinwi PM me as I am ubernoob and don't know what you speak of! I am serious... wha?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:29 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

pm sent

Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Thats like driving your very own vehicle!! It would be a crime NOT to de-badge kiwi! hell, google some SUVs that are not in NZ and we can scrape together some badges that will blow your kiwi pal's minds

Thanks but I quite like my badges. Remember I've only got the rear ones & then of course the bowtie on the grill.

Oh yea, also, the 3rd brake light & the bowties on the rear of the roof lights! LOL

From the front & with the projectors it doesn't look Blazer like anyway. Maybe some other Chevy!

Old 06-06-2009, 09:58 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to remove the dealership badge and the pinstripes down the sides, and will decide on the others as i go. I do like my Trailblazer badges though...

Old 06-06-2009, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It's raining today, so I won't be able to do it..but I'll post pics tomorrow when I take them off. Can't wait

Old 06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

So i went to take them off today, and everything was going great until the end...my driverside Blazer badge...

This is the aftermath lol. What happened was what looks like a bunch of dirt got in behind the emblem and caused a chip in the paint (and consequent bubbling). So of course, when I started peeling I heard a crack, and knew there was no turning back.

The truck looks amazing without the badges, so I really wanna keep them off. My only options I can think of are to put them back on, or to buy a can of spray and tape off the small area that got peeled off and try and match it as best I can. Of course, I could paint the entire door too, but I really don't have any money to be doing that lol.
Any suggestions from anyone? I'd really like to leave them off, but will put them back on in I absoluetly have to .

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran

Ouch... Ouch man, that's a kick in the face.
Depending on how long you plan to leave it that way, you should do something to seal that spot. If it will only be a temporary thing, you should clean up the area (to include the new raw paint edges) and prep it for paint. Wet sand it down and either primer it (it will "seal it" but not seal it, OR prime it and spray over it. You can get spray paint to match your paint numbers (in glove box at the bottom of your RPO codes) but it will not be a new paint job... the match will be off a little and you will always see it.

You could also (I might get beat up for this) get a $200 MACO Embassador package paint job. It's crap, but it will blend better than a rattle can job (ish). New paint job, but not really...

You could also go to a U-Pull it style junkyard and ****** up a new door for like $50 or less. You pull it style, or it will cost more for some guy to take it off and have it standing by for you.

Again, OUCH, that sucks man.

Quick Reply: To debadge, or not to debadge?