Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Door Striker problem...-.-

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road
Default Door Striker problem...-.-

I had this problem since I bought the blazer, and I just realized that this problem with my door striker is a contributor of all of the rattles and squeaks throughout the interior of my blazer.

This is not a picture of my actual striker, so ignore everything else but what is circled.

This is driving me nuts with the noises it makes and the way it doesn't close fully. How do I fix this??

Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

When you figure out how to fix that you also might want to find out what caused it in the first place. Door out of alignment and/or door hinge bushings* worn causing the latch thingy to strike with excessive force? Looks like something that would take either a fairly heavy blow, or lighter but repeated hits.

Can't help with the actual problem tho, sorry.

* just replaced them on mine, so that's the first thing I think of

Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wyzardd
When you figure out how to fix that you also might want to find out what caused it in the first place. Door out of alignment and/or door hinge bushings* worn causing the latch thingy to strike with excessive force? Looks like something that would take either a fairly heavy blow, or lighter but repeated hits.

Can't help with the actual problem tho, sorry.

* just replaced them on mine, so that's the first thing I think of

Thanks wyzard. I got it about half a year ago now and the crack hasn't gotten any worst. I am not sure, the door might need a re-alignment, but I am still stuck on figuring out how to fix this.

I was thinking of getting a thin but sturdy piece of metal and welding it under the striker but over the hole, I don't know if that will work though.

I can tell the previous owner could not work on cars. The whole door panel on each door was ripped off without taking the middle bolt out. So each door panel is loose and pieces are broken. Some people should just never work on cars -.- So I am sure they were slamming the door shut with force.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 99Legendary
Thanks wyzard. I got it about half a year ago now and the crack hasn't gotten any worst. I am not sure, the door might need a re-alignment, but I am still stuck on figuring out how to fix this.

I was thinking of getting a thin but sturdy piece of metal and welding it under the striker but over the hole, I don't know if that will work though.

That's all you can do. There's a sliding piece with captive nuts on the other side of that metal. It's necessary so the striker can be adjusted. Make the add-on larger than crack area and hole same size as the ones in the jamb. Drill more small holes at end of each crack. stops them from spreading.
Drill fill holes in the added plate OVER the crack.