Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Exterior Window Moulding

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exterior Window Moulding

Anyone have any problems with theirs comming un-glued?

my passenger side kinda does an arc like this (

just unglued in the middle.......any easy fixes or should I just get speedy auto glass to fix it when I get my windsheild replaced?

Old 12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Exterior Window Moulding

What moulding are you referring to? The drip rail moulding, the outer belt moulding, the glass run channel or the door opening weatherstrip moulding?
And what year was that?

Old 12-23-2007, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran

its a 98......its the moulding on the outside of the passenger window along the bottom

Old 12-23-2007, 05:25 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

mine does the same thing. on the drivers door, if the window is down, you can just pick up the molding. its basically justsitting there. on mine, its not quite up against the glass. kinda arc'd like you said yours was. its never given me any trouble so i havent bothered fixing it.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I had this same problem on all 4 doors of my old Bravada. There are little rectangular lugs on the inside edge of the molding itself. Then there are slots in the sheetmetal of the door that are supposed to accept these lugs. I was able to reach down inside with a thin screwdriver and pry out the top of these slots allowing the molding to catch better. Never had a problem with them again. Be careful though, the glass is right there!!

Old 12-24-2007, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran

k I'll check that out, thanks guys