Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

grill conversion worth it and any one with projectors, need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:59 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: grill conversion worth it and any one with projectors, need feedback

Yep, the projectors have the same cutoff as all the otheres, right down to the little squiggle for seeing a little farther in your lane, lol.

Overall, compared to the stock lights, I like these very much! A definite improvement! The lowbeam has much more of a side view than the stockers... Highbeam is still pretty close to the same, though, so the quad beam is definitely a must, lol.

Those MTEC's are pretty damned sweet, from the looks of things! I think I'll have to hunt me down a set, lol

Old 06-15-2007, 03:37 PM
eslhockey92g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: grill conversion worth it and any one with projectors, need feedback

yea i could careless about highbeams i can always toss a set of KC on the roof if i need that type of lighting. I need all the lighting if i can in my low range. but yea thanks guys for your help ill start grabing peices for the swap. i think im gonna get the non ricest clear headlight package of ebay that come with projectors for the 99+. Then it just getting a new bumper, core support, grill and things like clips and i think i need a turnsignal pigtail if im not mistaken. Any pointers or head up on the swap. or is it a simple as it sounds as taking offthe oldand put new back on the new

Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM

now that i got some money to play with i was parts looking(grill conversion). The junk yards around here dont have much at all. I was gonna just Ebay everything i think. My question is the bumper. I know i dont have to replace it but it looks like crap w/ the old one. On ebay i see
Upper Bumper Cover - eBay
and i think ill also need
Lower Bumper Valence - eBay

Is there anything else with the bumper im missing?

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long links.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't need the core support... IMO, it's more work than it's worth. You can just bolt the headlights and grille to the existing support. With a bit of mechanical ability and some ingenuity, you'll save yourself the hassle of replacing the core support.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM

O ok, i didnt know that would work like that. what do you have to do to the orginal core to make it work in a nut shell?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to cut off the tabs on the back of the new headlight mounts, and then just line them up and drill through both the bracket and the core. Make sure to remove your battery before doing this, or you WILL drill through it. Ask me how i know, lol.

It's pretty simple. To be quite honest, i could do the swap again in under an hour.

The first time took me 2.5 hrs in 20ยบ weather and not knowing what i was going to do.