Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Grille Bowtie removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Grille Bowtie removal

My bowtie is shot from stones on the highway and I have a nice Billet Bowtie sitting on my workbench for a year now I would like to install. I read the couple posts on the bowtie and front grille removal, and am very skeptical to pull on the front. It is in there pretty tight, and I obviously dont want to crack any of the grille frame pieces. Does anyone have some advice or a 'how-to' on this topic? thanks

Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Grille Bowtie removal

You'll just have to pull it. It helps if you know where the tabs are so you know exactly where to pull at. There are cutouts under the chrome strip that allow you to pull in the center of the grill.

I highlighted in the pic below where the 6 tabs will be. One of the holes is hidden from view in the pic but I circled where it should be.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Starting Member

thanks a ton! this is exactly what I was hoping someone would do for me! Ill try it after I get the kiddies to bed!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Beginning Member
BigJob is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea man I've pulled mine off several times to paint it and whatnot. Its easy, you won't break anything.
After that the chrome strip in the middle is held onto the back of the grille by 6 nuts, the 2 in the middle are all that's holding the bowtie in, those 2 are the only ones you need to remove.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Starting Member

Got it removed and Billet Bowtie installed. Looks freakin nice!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pics man, show us some pics. (sound of foot tapping impatiently)

Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Starting Member

cant figure out how to post pics. Im not that smart. haha. anyone wanna give me some simple directions

Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

CLICK HERE