Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Headlight removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default Headlight removal?

I'm planning on installing my HID's in the near future, but before I go breaking clips, I was hoping someone could tell me how to remove my headlights.

I've searched around and haven't really found anything conclusive.

I will be writing up a detailed How To with pictures of all the steps when I do this.

Thanks.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

There are two clips on each headlight... LOL... when I removed the last light on my blazer (other broke off....) I used a pair of pliers and had myself a hard as time until I realized its two clips behind the radiator support... then turn up and pull up i believe.... I felt like a dumbass... it is really easy and can be done in about 3-4 seconds... You just need to do the two clips on each light and you are good... And as a favor can you take detailed pictures of the wiring locations? It would help me when I decided to put the front end pieces on my blazer... Thanks and good luck

Old 01-12-2010, 08:26 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Thats easy. All you do is pull the two clips on each side and pull the headlight out. The clips are on the opposite side of the rad support. For installing HIDs you will probably have to remove the grill. For that all you have to do is grab it from under the chrome strip and give it a good pull. It will pull out a few inches then disconnect the wire harness on each of the turn signal bulms

Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yep... takes about 5 seconds... very easy.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just make sure you when you reinstall them that the two prongs are fully seated. These are not the same as the clips. You'll be able to install the light no problem and seat the clips if you don't insure the prong are all the way in but your lights will look just a bit off. You'll see what I mean once you pull one of the light assemblies out.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Thanks for the pointers! I'm probably going to pull the grille off to mount the ballasts on the rad core support. I'm just looking for a heated garage that I can borrow for an hour or two... unfortunately my 2 garages are filled up with snowmobiles, parts, and ATVs lmao.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
Thanks for the pointers! I'm probably going to pull the grille off to mount the ballasts on the rad core support. I'm just looking for a heated garage that I can borrow for an hour or two... unfortunately my 2 garages are filled up with snowmobiles, parts, and ATVs lmao.
I think someone mounted them on the other side of the radiator support rather than right behind the grill.... Just an idea incase room is an issue...

Old 01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah, I mis... typed (can't really say misspoke can I? lol) still semi-somewhat behind the grille though...

Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
Yeah, I mis... typed (can't really say misspoke can I? lol) still semi-somewhat behind the grille though...
It was just a suggestion.. lol.. no fret... But I have my front end pretty much off... still... and I am unsure of the wiring and its flow... If you could take pictures of the stock wiring before you replace... that would be the best thing ever.. right now mine is zip tied up to the radiator support so I could play in the snow... FTW!

Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I posted pics of the clips somewhere....might be in my build thread. Let me see if I can't dig those up.