Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

High lift jack mounts???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Qumodo is on a distinguished road
Default High lift jack mounts???

Okay so i did some searching of the forum b4 deciding to post this. i am looking for the best place and way to mount a high lift jack to my 89' blazer. everything i found here on the forum focuses on actual jack point on the vehicle.
what i am looking for are pics of what people have done to mount their jacks to their trucks. i do not have a roof rack other then the stock rack so those type of mounts are out, unless someone found mounts that will work with the stock rack. The rear tire swing was where i was thinking of trying to mount it, but i cant find mount brackets for it. if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great, pics would also be a big help.

I have added some pics of where i would like to mount the jack. red arrows = "possible mount locations"

in the second pic the latch for the wheel would seem to get in the way so the mounts would need to be elevated above the latch.

again let me know what ya got.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails High lift jack mounts???-p1030010.jpg   High lift jack mounts???-p1030012.jpg  

Last edited by Qumodo; 01-03-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: ADD
Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd vote for a mount to the spare tire carrier. That is what I would like to do for my K5. It will likely have to be custom though.