Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Interest in fender flares?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:18 AM
benjusa is on a distinguished road
Default Interest in fender flares?

This is not a for sale thread! I am simply checking to make sure there is interest!

Tomorrow I will be making my first set of fiberglass fender flares for second gen vehicles with the intent to sell them. I wanted to post here to see what type of interest there is. They will be modeled from stock ZR2 flares but will designed to fit 2 door blazers, S10s, and 4 door blazers. I have all three of these vehicles available to test fitment. Unfortunately I do not have a crew cab s10 at my disposal but these flares should fit with some modification.

Bolts will not be provided for attachment, however holes will be drilled in the flare at ideal positions. Some self tapping screws and 3M adhesive should do a good job at holding things in place.

Here are the projected prices:

2nd gen. 2door blazer/s10/jimmy - $200
2nd gen. 4door blazer/jimmy- $300
2nd gen. 2door blazer/s10/jimmy with rivet style* - $275
2nd gen. 4door blazer/jimmy with rivet style* - $375

Prices may vary as labor and materials are used. Paint or bed liner may be added at an additional fee and shipping prices are not included.

Modification may be needed for fitment on some vehicles as previously mentioned. I do not have a crew cab s10 to test fitment and some blazers/jimmys have more trim around the edges than others.

Pictures will be posted within the week. If interested PM me or reply to this thread. I will make an actual for sale thread when the time comes.

*rivet style - a more aggressive looking fender flare with rivets and indentations around the edge

Last edited by benjusa; 11-02-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I would definitely be interested in a set for a 2nd gen 4 door. Are you a company? How do you plan to produce them? You should probably read up on becoming a vendor on the forum if you plan to use it to advertise your company and products.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I would definitely be interested in a set for a 2nd gen 4 door. Are you a company? How do you plan to produce them? You should probably read up on becoming a vendor on the forum if you plan to use it to advertise your company and products.
I am not a company. I needed to make a set for both of my rides and I figured depending on how they came out, I could make them and sell them for cheaper than a set of bushwhackers. A friend of mine has a set of zr2 flares and I'm planning on molding them with fiberglass then filling them and priming for sale. I will post pics of the first set. Then I'll see how things go.

Do I need to look into the vendor thing if i plan to sell on eBay?

Old 11-05-2015, 09:01 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

As long as you aren't spamming us with posts trying to sell them I think you'd be fine without it, but that's really up to the higher-ups. There usually isn't a problem with things like this.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Thogert
As long as you aren't spamming us with posts trying to sell them I think you'd be fine without it, but that's really up to the higher-ups. There usually isn't a problem with things like this.
Thanks for getting back to me. Making my first set is taking longer than i would have liked as the weather here has been less than ideal, but that's what i get for trying to lay glass in November.

I'll be throwing some pics up soon