Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

interior LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default interior LEDs

okay, im not crazy about show or anything like that i have a small lift and wheel my blazer hard. i have installed 3 red leds on my interior dash facing down (will have pic soon is confusing i know) but, i bought them from pep boys they have indivigual ones that have a small housing that plugs into a small hole and looks great. problem is they are 7 bucks for 3 and i really cant afford to buy as much as i wanted so im wondering. what do you guys do for accent LED's nothing that is a whole unit thing i want to buy more indivugual ones that i drile a hole for and fit in. again i wil post pics soon.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

ebay. You can get LED light bars on there really cheap...

Here's one example: http://cgi.ebay.ca/30cm-LED-Interior...d=p3911.c0.m14

Check out what else this seller has...they have a massive amount of selection. I'm sure you can find something you're looking for.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point

i replaced the lights near your feet,the dome light and the light in the hatch with red led lights that fit right in the sockets.sizes for your bulbs are: (courtesy lights)1003, 2112, 2122 (map lights) 194. search for the size along with red led on ebay they are only a couple of dollars.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

How do you install them? lol

Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
How do you install them? lol
If you're not just replacing old bulbs (ie wiring in new lights or light bars) then you need some general knowledge of electrical and wiring. I wouldn't even attempt it if you have no idea what you're doing.
If you're doing a straight swap it's literally plug and play. The old bulbs twist out, and the new ones twist in.
Most of the blazers have the bulb and socket all as one piece. If you don't either buy LEDs with new sockets on them, or new empty sockets then you can go the cheap route (what I did) and break the bulbs that are in the sockets and use some needle nose pliers to get out all the glass. This isn't the best route though as it can be un reliable to get the connection points on the lights and the socket right. I have that problem with two of my gauge bulbs right now. The terminals weren't lined up properly so they go off and on.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Starting Member

anyone know the bulb numbers for the gauges for a 96? i want to just replace my old bulbs with all new LED ones and just need to know what number to buy

Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by butters
anyone know the bulb numbers for the gauges for a 96? i want to just replace my old bulbs with all new LED ones and just need to know what number to buy
You will need 6 of the 194 size.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Auflyer is on a distinguished road

What size are the gauge bulbs for a 94, and how many?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Starting Member

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...81095-1-2.html

so if i got 6 of these they woudl directly replace the ones in the gauges? and thanks.