Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Interior squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Interior squeaks

ORIGINAL: JST4SHO

I put Dynamat on all 4 doors and especially, panel seams and actually on the holes for the panel retainer clips. This I think helps keep the panel snug, I also wraped the housing underneath of my sub with dynamat. Sounds totally different without the stereo or anything on going down the road, and a lot tighter with the polks in the doors and the sub in the back.
first, you say it sounds totally different, is that for good or for worse? haha
and how much was the dynamat for all 4 doors, im kinda interested

Old 08-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

it will lessen the road noise. Fatmat, Rammat, cascade, all the same product. some cheaper. check ebay for bulk packs.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:12 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point

hwo much is it to get installed

Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

that really depends on your local shop and their rates. you can do it yourself, yea a little time consuming, but not bad at all.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL@ hillbilly

I'd have to say thats the most annoying thing about blazers is the sqeaks and rattles.

I have the spare tire on the tailgate and when it gets cold I just wanna kick it!

I like to play bass heavy music and just crawl around the interior and put your hand on the panels....if it stops rattleing......put some mat, or tape under it........and repeat.

My rear hatch glass is the worst right now......dont know if that can be fixed.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Snoxxy is an unknown quantity at this point

well I tried rustbuster and WD40 .. that bolt is not moving .. same with the passenger side...
I am almost temptet to bring it to a shop to have them take it out.
can you take that bolt of from underneath ? as in... can I start loosening it with something underneath .. or is that welded in place ?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey somthing I can help with!!!! LOL First make sure you have the right size torque bit. And I would use a ratchit style. And before you start use some kind of punch that will eather set in the center of the torque cut out in the head of the bolt, or one that will set on the top (just dont deform the head). And give it a couple of good hits. And you could even hit it on the sides of the head of the bolt. This "shocking" the bolt will help to loosen the bolt, and loosen any rust, and or loctite. I use this at work on bolts that are covered in corrosion from indusrial coolaint, and water from CNC's. This should work with the right ratchet tourque, and some good leverage.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Snoxxy is an unknown quantity at this point

alright .. I tried what you said as well .. I am just so frustrated .. this was supposed to become my competition vehicle ... but there have been alot of set backs...
I can't fit the proper sized battery in the engine compartment.. it is pretty much impossible to run a nice big power wire through the firewall ( I ran mine along the frame )
These bolts are pissing me .. there are not coming out .. the more I try wahat everybody says .. the closer I get to stripping them ...
I am using the proper Torx bit ( T-50 ) I used rustbuster, WD-40
I punded the **** out of it like Vermillion said... nothing....
I am gonna try to bring it to a shop a Iguess.. unless someone in the central Arkansas area thinks they can outsmart my bolts ( 3 to be exact )

Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i hve installed dnyomat xtreme in my roof and the whole back cargo area including the tailgate and it dont make a sound. but the side panels in the back seat rattle like hell now, i think my system has caused the problem but it does it all the time now and it drive me crazy, it gets so louds sometimes i cant hear people on my phone. i also had the problem with the back glass squeaking but some grease on the latch and the little pin and it stopped it

Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!!! thought that would work! But I just started working on the tools that install alot of the nut's, and bolts on our cars, and trucks. And you are talking about some high tech tightening stratigies!! And if I remember correctly the boltsare fortie downs? So you are talking a high load bolt,about 40-70nm(just a guess). So you are woking aginst that!!! Anyone you might know with an impact, and air? Sorry I couldn't be more help!!