Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Leather Seat Headrest Install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Leather Seat Headrest Install?

Ok, so tomorrow I'll probably be getting some leather seats for the blaze. They are in great condition for the age and so I will swap in the leather seats for my cloth I have now.

My question is, how hard would it be to put headrests in these seats without one originally? I can't seem to find one set of seats that have headrests that are in good condition.

Let me know what you think I should do?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:18 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

are you talking about putting head rests in the front seats or rear seats? or both? if you are trying to put head rests in back seats that are pre '98 i dont think that can be done. but if you are just trying to put headrests in your front seats i dont think that would be to hard, not quite sure on that tho.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
are you talking about putting head rests in the front seats or rear seats? or both? if you are trying to put head rests in back seats that are pre '98 i dont think that can be done. but if you are just trying to put headrests in your front seats i dont think that would be to hard, not quite sure on that tho.
Back headrests on a '96. I was really hoping for some. Any solutions to this?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:43 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

oh yeah i was looking at that a while ago on mine, and the fold down lever is in the way of where the headrests would go. on '98+ models the seat fold down lever is moved to make room for the headrests. i suggest doing what i did, wait for a '98+ blazer to wind up in your local junk yard with nice back seats and take them out. they only charge 26$ for them, well at least here they did. only problem is waiting.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Default .

oh yeah i was looking at that a while ago on mine, and the fold down lever is in the way of where the headrests would go. on '98+ models the seat fold down lever is moved to make room for the headrests. i suggest doing what i did, wait for a '98+ blazer to wind up in your local junk yard with nice back seats and take them out. they only charge 26$ for them, well at least here they did. only problem is waiting.
Yeah, nobody has patience these days (including me) haha. But from what I've seen, no blazer with the headrest and leather seats has been in good condition. It just never happens. That's why I might just go without the headrest for now.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:49 PM

i got really lucky with mine i guess. i was just strollin through the yard and found a nice '01 LT. i think it might have been a cash for clunkers car because nothing else was wrong with it (which is sad)

Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Default .

i got really lucky with mine i guess. i was just strollin through the yard and found a nice '01 LT. i think it might have been a cash for clunkers car because nothing else was wrong with it (which is sad)
Eh, I found back seats I couldn't pass up. They are leather that match my interior. No headrests but the leather is in great shape. I got em for $23 bucks out he door.