Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Leather seat swap

Old 03-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Beginning Member
ASCOTTH is on a distinguished road
Default Leather seat swap

Stopped at the junkyard today & found a set of power leather seats in a 96/97 bravada, that just came in.... great shape...one 3" slash in driver seat middle (already dropped it off at the upholster) $100 bux for the 2 of em. did a search on swaps, found a link that said the tracks dont line up....any one have any idea how much trouble I will have swapping them into my 99 lt?....thanx for your time

Old 03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Beginning Member
ASCOTTH is on a distinguished road

ok had the seat rip repaired...tried to remove my blazer seat...couldn't get the one rear torx bolt out.. snapped my torx socket bit...soaked the top and bottom of the bolt with penetrating fluid, waited a half hour and used a buddies snap-on socket with a 2 foot breaker bar and twisted that one! any ideas? then I noticed the seat tracks are different...right rear track hole looks about an inch off... figured I can do something with it though.....but then I realized my blazer has the seat belt end attached to the seat, where the bravada had it attached to the vehicle floor/tranny tunnel (didn't really look at where)... do I need to go back and get the bravada seat belt piece and attach it somewhere on the floor or can I relocate mine to the bravada seat?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

check over at the s10 forums. I think theres a thread just for swapping seats.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Beginning Member
4good is on a distinguished road

i don't know about the seat swap part but you need to be real careful with the seat belts you cant just screw them to the floor at least not safely

Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Starting Member
67RScamarovette is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 4good
i don't know about the seat swap part but you need to be real careful with the seat belts you cant just screw them to the floor at least not safely
All vehicle seatbelts are simply bolted thru the floor, one way or another. Id rather have a nice big bolt holding my seatbelt, than 2 tiny 1/4" fasteners through the exact same sheet metal. (Actually 4, but only two hold the one side down)