Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Off Road Lighting

Old 11-13-2006, 12:58 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Off Road Lighting

I currently run a set of KC Dalighters 150W sealed beam lights... I like em but theyre not exactly great... the covers melted and the inside of one of the lenses is turning black! WTF! I look to replace them and buy four additional lights for my roof.... so 6 total... Is there a cheaper alternative to the KC brand lights... I want cheap, but I also want performance... they need to be brighter than my headlights and have a bit of range... is there a cheaper comparable alternative??

BTW they must be 6" round

Old 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Off Road Lighting

Anyone heard of Eagle Eye Lights? I'm thinking of trying the 100W 6inch spotlights...

Old 11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

Wish i could help ya bro but i just dont know on this stuff I always heard KC was the top of the line kind [&:]

Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Just helped a buddy install some PIAA foglights on his toyota. Sure are nice work VERY well, but deff not cheap.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Chevy_gurl is an unknown quantity at this point

Piaa lights are great, IPF lights are great. both of which are top of the line. Then there are KC's there bulbs have a 23 year warrenty. Then there are Light force from Austrailia like IFP, light force lights can be dialed from wide beam to pencil beam. Then there are hella lights and westin lights. there ok but not as good as piaa. Truck accessories are my business Hubby has a shop. Piaa are my number 1 choice and that is what is getting installed on my truck. You should go to www.piaa.com and get a set of 520's

Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

you can still go with a kc product just get one of their more less expenisive kit or light set. i have the 57 series 55w lights and they are plenty bright and i think mine were only like $120 for the whole kit.

jimmyboy

Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 PM

The KC 57 series lights are only rated for 22,000 candel power..... I don't like KC anymore.. had bad experiences with them... not to mention their customer service sucks. My current lights are 385,000 candel power each..... I want a light that puts out at least 200,000 candel power... and a 55w bulb just won't cut it.... I mean you can buy lights from brands like eagle eye and blazer for $22 each that have 100w bulbs rated at 250,000 candel power..... I just dont wanna be disappointed in my lights.... plus I really want a sealed beam flood or spot light... i am definitely looking for an off-road light... something illegal to turn on on the pavement. . . 55w fog lights are a dime a dozen and just not bright enough for me.... you have to remember... in southeastern KY streetlights are few and far between.... and definitely nothing but moonlight off-road...... as for the PIAA i guess you missed the CHEAPER part of the original message...lol I cna get 6 eagle eye 150W sealed beam lights for $140...... i can't get 2 PIAA off road lights for that...lol nor KC lights....

Old 11-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I would get some cheaper lights for the roof that you use strictly for off roading. Then get a nice set of lights for the bumper.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:49 AM

see... I would do that but, I have this serious thing with everything matching...... The lights on the guard are nice.... i just dont like the company.... I may get another set of em and just put 2 on the roof.... then again, I may get 4 of the eagle eyes lights because they look the same and just put KC stone guards on them....