Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Roof Basket Question

Old 10-18-2011, 05:07 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Roof Basket Question

Ok, so this guy put up an ad on craigslist for a Thule M.O.A.B for $65. It looked in great condition and he had all the mounting hardware to go with it. I talked to the guy for a little while and asked if he could go lower. I said my final offer was $55 because I never like paying full price for anything on craigslist. Should I have just sucked it up and payed the extra $10? Here is a link.
Linky

Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I'd probably offer $50 but if/when they say no, I'd cave and pay the $65. Still way better than the $250+ MSRP.

I almost always offer a lower price but if it's already a really great deal, I won't bother trying to negotiate unless I'm there in person. I've missed out on a number of things because I lowballed and the seller found someone else willing to pay the listed price.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I've listed more than a few items on CL over the years and have always turned down low ball offers. I'm already selling at a greatly reduced priced and you want to offer me lower?

Yep, that pisses me off.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
I've listed more than a few items on CL over the years and have always turned down low ball offers. I'm already selling at a greatly reduced priced and you want to offer me lower?

Yep, that pisses me off.
What he said.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:53 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Well here's an update. The guy never responded after I went $5 up. I guess he indeed get pissed off at me. Oh well, can't win them all. It was a nice basket and I probably should have just gave him the $65, but I hate paying the asker's price on there. But this also made me lose out on this deal. So somebody else has probably snatched it up already, pretty much guaranteed. I guess it wasn't meant to be.