Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Sunroof troubles

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 08:18 PM
mav06 is on a distinguished road
Default Sunroof troubles

I have a 2000 4 door 4x4, and am having troubles with the sunroof, I replaced the whole track and motor with a salvage yard special back in June. It worked just fine for the first few months, then one day it wouldn't slide back but it would pop up. It acts like it wants to pull down and slide back but when its trying to pull down it just stops. Then i press the button to bring it back up and it does fine and then i can make the rear of it raise up. Could that be a weak motor or what are your thoughts on it? Thanks for the help sure do love these forums.

Matt

Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the glass might not be adjusted quite right. Try dropping the glass down a bit more.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:47 PM

Ok, umm do you think the Glass worked loose and moved on me? Will see if its a little High tommarow and drop it down.

Matt

Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

The same thing JUST happened to my moon roof the other day. It sounds like it came off the track though. It's way too cold out right now to worry about. I'm going to take a look at it in the spring. Let me know how you make out with yours. It might help solve mine.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
BusaJoe is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem. It sounds like the plastic tracks are jammed.
http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/

Old 12-18-2009, 09:04 PM

Yeah its to cold to be to concered about it, but its starting to bother me that something isn't working on my Truck. So i am out to fix it lol. Yeah it could have come off track. Its hard to tell though on these for me atleast. Am i going to have to take it all out. Pull the head linner and and what not. That dosen't sound fun have already done it once dunno if i wanna do it again lol.

Matt