Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Tinted Windows (pics)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Xtreme Blizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tinted Windows (pics)...

ORIGINAL: Mule

You guys should feel lucky, here in MI we can only have a 4inch strip across the top of our front windows. Let me tell you, it looks retarded what some of these people have. I had 5% in back and 15% in front on my Grand Prix and got pulled over 5 or more times before I had to get it removed. Michigan sucks let me tell you.

Does anybody have a windshield strip put on? I've been thinking about doing that lately but I want to know what it looks like before I get it done. If you do, does it go further than the "legal" limit? My window tinter said there was a limit where that little line was on our windshield and it looks like if I got only that it would look stupid.

I agree with you the line on the windshield is guidline for most police. When I had my 98 BonnevilleI had a 20 minute conversation with the cop that pulled me over for my alleged tint violation. I had a 16" shadeband on the front windshield. I explained to him that with my light sensitivity that it would make more sense for me to have it this low instead of using a visor that would actually block all of my vision to see and drive safely. He gave me the ticket, i went to the eye doctor got the note and then went to the appeals officeand had the magistrate write a letter to show any cop that will try to bust me in the future.