Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

What I've been up to...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:42 AM
Beginning Member
Motocross16 is on a distinguished road
Default What I've been up to...

Okay, so I've been neglecting my blazer over the past few months due to a Jeep project I took on, but I've managed to do a few mods here and there.

I swapped all the factory lights out of the gauge cluster, HVAC, dome lights and the door controls from LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS

Decided to build myself a light for the center console. Wired it into the cigarette lighter.

And the switch for it.

After months of listening to my amp rattle on the top of my sub box, I decided to move it to a more practical (and safe) location.

Welded in a Flowmaster 40 series and a 2.5in tip

Ordered a CAI from ChromeIntakes on Ebay, threw their air filter away, replaced with a K&N and built a custom heat shield out of scrap metal. I absolutely love it! Only paid $35 for it with free shipping.

Busted out the Plasti-Dip and painted up my front end.

Love this view

Had some scrap metal left laying around from Jeep project so built up a spare tire carrier that goes into my receiver hitch, its also on a hinge so i can open the tail gate.

And last but not least, I installed an overhead display. Went from having nothing to a complete with a compass and thermostat and range, MPG and all that jazz. I am thinking about doing a complete write up on how i did it later on, what're you guys think?

(Yeah I know I need to calibrate my compass lol)

Well that's all I have so far...
Next to come, small 2in lift, some 31's, big 3, and some new suspension.
All input is appreciate.

Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails What I've been up to...-photo-1-2-.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo-2-2-.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo-3-2-.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo12.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo22.jpg  

What I've been up to...-photo32.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo41.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo51.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo11.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo21.jpg  

What I've been up to...-photo24.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo2.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo1.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo3.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo34.jpg  

What I've been up to...-photo4.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo5.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo42.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo52.jpg   What I've been up to...-photo31.jpg  

Last edited by Motocross16; 09-02-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road

Looks good. but interested in your write up for the over head display swopped over.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah it seems as though we are lacking in a good write up on that particular subject. It would definitely be useful for those looking to do it in the future.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Who doesn't like a good write up?

Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

This coming from the king of write ups.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I want to do an overhead console in the first gen......... lots of dots there because I do not know where to begin.... LOL It has to be possible.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:23 AM
BF Veteran

Mileage and trip? No. Compass and temp? Maybe. You'd at the very least need the sensors for the comp. and temp. but I have no idea how much is controlled by the BCM (if any) and how much is just sensor input into the DIC comp.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Beginning Member
Motocross16 is on a distinguished road

Alright guys, you've got it! I'll get a thread posted on how I wired up the display very soon!