Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Grocery Getter to Logging Road Warrior

Old 10-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Starting Member
Acal57 is on a distinguished road
Default Grocery Getter to Logging Road Warrior

Hello all. I've recently moved to Northern BC and I brought my 05 2door 4x4 with me; base model, bone stock. It has 240000K on the odometer. I am tearing it down to replace abs sensors, e brake cables and wheel bearings. I want to take it up and down mountain logging roads this spring. What modifications should I consider since it's coming apart and going on the trail?

ps The 4x4 good into 4 hi but flashes when trying to get into 4 lo. 3 button version, Diagnoses?

Thanks

Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

First off, welcome to the forum!

Tires make all the difference off road. make sure you have tires with good tread- A/t or M/T's are your best bet. A small lift would help you accommodate larger tires.

Does it have the g80 rear differential? (Check the sticker in the glovebox for the g80 code) if not, a rear posi or locker would be a helpful addition.

A winch would be a great idea too- I've gotten stuck all to many times and kicked myself for not having a winch and proper recovery gear.- however it is highly recommend not to go Wheeling alone.- then you always have a buddy to pull you out

As far as your 4x4, take a look through this thread- there is a TON of great info in here to help you diagnose.https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...ill-help-7180/