Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

HHO injection

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Starting Member
brokenfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HHO injection

Has anybody tried putting a hydrogen converter on a vehicle preferably a 4.3ltr. I know how to build one I just want to know if there is any damages from it. (i.e. corrosion, sucking up water, or it is completely useless)

Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: HHO injection

Have you seen this discussion about it that was on here last year?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
brokenfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: HHO injection

definately didnt I used the search but didnt find anything

thanks

Old 09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned
GolfClapperX is on a distinguished road

Just saw this thread. The main HHO thread is closed, but I never knew it existed. Anyway, I just removed a hydrogen generator from my 2000 Blazer that I had on it for about 50,000 miles. I tried everything, I mean EVERYTHING to make it work. It was $600 for the kit, and it WAS producing a ton on hydrogen. It made the engine run a little quieter every now and then, barely, as claimed. I have 212,000 miles and have recorded my MPG's since 60,000. No change in MPG with the generator, no power gains. Hooking it up the way they told me to, through the radio ign fuse, I blew up my intake plastic pieces. I left the ignition on listening to the radio for an hour, then started it. It had been producing hydrogen that whole time. Anyway, it isn't enough hydrogen to explode the car, just the plastic intake. After 50k miles of adjusting and re-adjusting determinedly, I have no gains of any sort but I have done no damage to my engine. Very good compression in all cylinders at 212k, does burn any oil or leak at all. I would not say this experiment is dangerous to you or your engine, but I would say it is a waste of money, unfortunately. Just bought a 1960's water injection kit on fleebay for $30, trying that out.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i have heard of water meth injection but not just water

Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned

As far as I know, methanol is just one of many things you could add to keep the liquid from freezing. I won't be having that issue here in Texas as it has been 112 degrees every day for like four months now. This water injection kit is early 60's but was still unused in the box. It is a well built kit and was very easy to install (30 minutes). I am using distilled water, and my washer fluid reservoir is the same reservoir I'm using for the water injection. It does everything it says it should so far. Other than, now I'm at the point where it says to advance the timing four degrees. I don't see this as being a swell idea on a modern engine so I'm not sure what's next. As they say it will, the engine becomes quieter, smoother, and cooler, but idles a little rough upon first using water. This is all accurate, so I'm impressed so far. But...sometimes coming to a stop it idles a little rough again, and dialing back the amount of water being used smooths it back out. I am wondering what I should do in place of their "advance timing four degrees" step. Do I need an ecu programmer of some sort? I don't know...trying to figure that out.

Anyway, I just brought this subject back up because I felt that the longer discussion of this in the closed thread didn't really cover any personal "experience" with HHO generators. Just wanted to put my little experience with a generator that I've been wasting so much precious life screwing with for a couple years.

Last edited by rriddle3; 09-14-2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 09-15-2011, 11:56 AM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

what car you got it on alot of newer stuff will auto advance or retard timing

Old 09-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

2000 Blazer 4x4. After further driving today, I would say it definitely runs quieter and smoother with a small amount of water being injected (leaving my dial at .5, out of 6 notches). It also seems to be getting pretty good mpg, but I won't be getting my hopes up too much until I'm able to actually fill up a couple times and calculate whether or not mpg's have improved.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GolfClapperX
Just saw this thread. The main HHO thread is closed, but I never knew it existed. Anyway, I just removed a hydrogen generator from my 2000 Blazer that I had on it for about 50,000 miles. I tried everything, I mean EVERYTHING to make it work. It was $600 for the kit, and it WAS producing a ton on hydrogen. It made the engine run a little quieter every now and then, barely, as claimed. I have 212,000 miles and have recorded my MPG's since 60,000. No change in MPG with the generator, no power gains. Hooking it up the way they told me to, through the radio ign fuse, I blew up my intake plastic pieces. I left the ignition on listening to the radio for an hour, then started it. It had been producing hydrogen that whole time. Anyway, it isn't enough hydrogen to explode the car, just the plastic intake. After 50k miles of adjusting and re-adjusting determinedly, I have no gains of any sort but I have done no damage to my engine. Very good compression in all cylinders at 212k, does burn any oil or leak at all. I would not say this experiment is dangerous to you or your engine, but I would say it is a waste of money, unfortunately. Just bought a 1960's water injection kit on fleebay for $30, trying that out.
I'm just currious, did you have your PWM & EFI adjusted correctly on your HHO system? if not, you wouldn't see any mpg increase a tall.....