Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 03:55 PM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

Looking very nice man..For sure gonna be a help for me when I get to trying to install my flares... I have so much to get to do on my blazer and never enough time to do any of it..

Old 09-24-2018, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I'm the same way. Shes the family dd, and my only days to work on her are, weekends and holidays. If I dont have family plans lol.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran

So had to cut the work on the truck short over the weekend, chores and sun down was my issue.removed the rear flares about an hour to early, so got some trimming to do on them. Not too bad tho, foam was about 90% cured when I removed them, so they still kinda have the form of the truck.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:18 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

They are going to look so sweet!

I tried grabbing a set of flares this past weekend. Between all the rust and dust, those suckers are hard to get.

Excited to see how they turn out!

Old 09-25-2018, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran

It took me two hours if not a little longer. even then I had to break the rear brackets off in order to get them off. As i am not using any of the factory brackets, it didnt bother me to break those, i just wanted the solid shell to work with.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran

I love progress...

Lines up decently, fixing inperfections eith bondo.
So the front of the flar doesnt reach the body, filled the void, and will be covering with bondo.
Riveted directly to the factory fender lip.
Used 10 rivets for the fender, four on this side door flare.

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I shouldve spent the time to fabricate identical mounting brackets for the rear doors. But unfortunately, drivers side has four, passenger side only has three.

got the passenger side installed and foamed, just waitting for them to cure enough to trim, then I'll rivet the flare to the truck. I dont do it until after the foam has cured, because I've noticed that the drivers side door flare swollen out a little, causing me to move the bigger half out to match it. You can notice that in one of the pictures.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:32 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Looks good!

Don't be too hard on yourself; it is the artist who can be their own worst critic!

Old 09-30-2018, 01:00 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Wow man, it looks great! If I can accomplish this even half as good, I'll be happy.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:38 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks for the compliments. Still working on them... got the first layer of bondo on today...

Old 12-23-2018, 03:31 PM
BF Veteran

No real big updates, but figured I'd post something. Flares are holding up so far so good, not 100% but it's sealed... no pics atm.

as for the rest of the truck, shess riding good... gas mileage depends on the day. Anywhere from 380ish to 415ish(km/tank). I have a wobble in the front passenger side I cant figure out. The last thing that I have not replaced yet, are the LCA bushings. But she keeps on going, so she stays lol...

took her for another road trip, currently sitting in NC. will be here until the 29th. My question for anyone around the blowing rock, boone area, is there any off road trails to try out?

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer