Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:52 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Couple of pictures that didnt post in the last one, first one is before, and second one is after. "Before" is the passenger side, and "after" is the driver side. But both are molded the "same".

Old 09-16-2018, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran

Mocked and cut the rear. Just need to clean the cuts and make brackets, then the driver side will be ready for sand, scratch filler, prime and paint. So far going a lot easier then I thought. Just time consuming. I'm not in a big rush so I'm taking my time with it. Judging by Capt. Kirk's photos of the jungle fender flares, I'll be happier with these.

the back will be able to get mounted right to the fender lip. The door part I will be making brackets for. The front will need brakets on the fender, and the front bumper part, I will be able to use the factory bracket attached to the flare itself.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:00 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is inspiring. It looks tremendous! How did you make your cuts on the rears (door part)? Dremmel, sawzaw, hack saw...I'm curious to what worked for you.
I assumed that was the roughest part of the job.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran

I used a little hand held "wizard" you can see it in one of the pics... its battery powered, so had to recharge about 4-5 times to complete the cutting... I got a plug in one for the remaining cutting I have to do.

I got the idea originally from worthog, he did a write up on how he did his. He did it differently, but I like the way I'm doing mine... a little more work, but coming along nicely.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:28 PM
BF Veteran

Here is the link to warthogdriver's how to thread, again he did his different. Mine has a lot more work into as I'm cutting the door part out, but I like the way it's coming out. Tedious and time consuming. But will come out good I hope lol.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/so-now-you-want-flares-your-4-door-57919/

Old 09-17-2018, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran

Passenger side read 1/2 done... I guess the driver side is 1/2 done too now that I think about it... more trimming required and brakets.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran

Battery powered cutter i used
Plug in cutter i used. Sooooooo much better...
Adapters
Measuring tool (curtainer hanger)
Worked great!

Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics and breakdown, Don. I have a similar cutting wheel for my dremmel... I will have to start looking at flares now. My wife says thank you. Lol!
​​​​​​Looks great so far!

Old 09-18-2018, 01:00 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Don, what did you end up doing with the chrome bumper you pulled off of it? I'm looking for one to fit my 2000.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:44 AM
BF Veteran

Hey golfaddict, sorry but I got rid of it a while back when I got the bumper I have now... I come a cross a few of them at the scrap yard I go to tho... are you in southern ontario?

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer