Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Blazer SS Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Blazer SS Pictures

holy CRAP!! thats incredible!!! Where did you get the new gear shifter stick!?!?!?

Ok im in love... you better stick around here!!!!

Old 06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Blazer SS is an unknown quantity at this point

It' just a billet tip that fits over the exsisting shifter, and believe it or not ,it came off of Ebay! The climate control ***** are also billet and also were found on ebay.

Thanks! I put a lot of work into this.

I like the fact that other people appreciate the Blazer as much as I do! Our Blazers are nice, they can be fast, they can go through snow like nothing else, (I tried to get it stuck in snow drifts and it just drove right out)! . They break , and we can fix them. (Knock on wood). We really have a great vehicle!!

And last but not least, they have been known to smoke a few ( by few I mean a lot) of Mustangs (the good ones) , a few high performance cars (No names given, GM will be all that I say) , Big muffler sub compacts ( no effort requiered), Purpose Built trucks (factory models) again no names.

Our little 4.3 v6 is a *****!!!

Beating a high dollar sports car, GOOD!

Doing it with a Blazer, GREAT!!

The look on there face after finding out they were embarrased by a V6 Blazer 4x4 , PRICELESS!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:15 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Nope... I looked too and the plastic upper intake plenum (between the TB and the aluminum lower intake) is still there. You really can't push much boost without pushing out the factory MAP sensor which is just pressed in. Plus, I don't know how much boost a stock bottom end (with 9.5:1 compression) can handle either. Should still be fun to drive, but for the cost, a v8 conversion could be done.

And I hope that the air filter is isolated from engine heat because that compressor will add quite a bit of heat into the intake charge on its own. That could cause some serious knock that would be very bad.

All that shiny and you can sometimes overlook some things, I was almost certain that plastic upper intake was replaced with another shiny shiny. but, of course, i now see. Still a great truck though. heck, all blazers are great trucks[8D]

Old 06-26-2006, 08:06 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i asked a buddy of mine that works on the marine 4.3's about those intakes and he said they are all carbed.. it wouldnt work for out set up ... that is a nice set up bro... how much to do your brakes all together im lookin to do mine...

Old 06-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Blazer SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry been away for awhile, The brake rotors were about two hundred, the brake lines were about $150, the pads about $80, Not a bad price for the overall braking improvement!!

Just make sure that you change your brake fluid!!