Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Did a body lift, what about the back bumper???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Did a body lift, what about the back bumper???

I did a body lift on my 95 Jimmy 4 door. Got the front bumper up, but the kit said the rear could be done with stock brackets. I looked at them and I wonder how the heck am I going to do that? It looks like I'll have to either modify the bumper or brackets or make new brackets. Any suggestions from anyone who has done a BL on a 95???

Old 07-27-2012, 10:00 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Blazer
I did a body lift on my 95 Jimmy 4 door. Got the front bumper up, but the kit said the rear could be done with stock brackets. I looked at them and I wonder how the heck am I going to do that? It looks like I'll have to either modify the bumper or brackets or make new brackets. Any suggestions from anyone who has done a BL on a 95???
I have a body lift on a '96, so it's the same deal. I think I remember drilling a new hole in the bumper bracket to make it fit "better." It still wouldn't fit exactly like stock, but there is no noticeable gap in between. If you want, I can send you pics of where my bumper sits as well as a pic of my bumper brackets. Just let me know.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You have to drill a new lower hole in the bumper bracket and the original lower hole is now the upper bolt hole. You also have to trim some off the bottom of the bumper so it will fit around the frame cross member. The trimmed portion is not visible once the bumper is mounted unless you lay underneath the truck. If you do it carefully you can't really even tell the difference on the bumper from stock vs. lifted.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

When drilling the new hole in the bracket make sure you get the spacing perfect because the two bolts are attached together and you will have a hell of a time if its a little off. or just drill a bigger hole.