Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

My old Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about
Default My old Jimmy

My first foray into the world of 4x4s was my old 89 Jimmy. When I bought it, the body looked great and the paint was nice and shiny.

Then a couple months later I realized the paint was fading rapidly and big chunks were falling out. Turns out the wholesale dealer I bought it from had done a "quick job" of bondoing over rust (evident by the newspaper falling out of the holes) and I'm not sure how he got the paint so shiny.

Anyways, I loved this truck. The 4x4 didn't work often (I realized after I sold it that the t case vacuum actuator was bad) but when it did I went placed my buddy in his Jeep Wrangler couldn't. I know that this is because I was driving a $2,000 truck and his was brand new so he didn't flog it like I would on mine. I miss that truck sometimes...

Anyways, on to some pics.

First time I went mudding. I had bald tires and was in a construction zone. That mud coined the phrase "gooey as f**k."

After I bought my 04 Neon I sold this truck to my now brother in law who let it get impounded and sold by the police. I was so irritated when that happened!

Then I bought a 94 4 door 4x4 Blazer but don't seem to have any pictures of that one anymore.

Now I have my 00 Blazer and after one week as much as I love it, I'm wondering whether it's worth fixing or if I should just dump it. It has an oil leak and needs a trans. But more on that in another thread in an appropriate section.