Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

01 zr2, heavy vibrations 45-65

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Beginning Member
Bigwheelblazer is on a distinguished road
Default 01 zr2, heavy vibrations 45-65

01 zr2.... a few weeks ago, my front wheel bearings started to howl and i started getting vibrations from the p/s front... i change the cv axles, wheel bearings, sway bar bushings and links and lower control arm bushings... (the cv axles were off ebay... i think theyre TRQ, and the bearings are detroit axle... the sway bar sh*t is PRECISION, 2 of the bushings are MOOG, 2 of them are autozone...)

its quiet for about a week, then the bearings arent howling but im getting this vibration again... doesnt happen under accleration, doesnt happen before 45... when i relax the throttle and coast is when it starts up... i shake down the front end... my ball joints and tie rods are less than 6 months old... the tie rods are PRESICION and the ball joints are MOOG... the pitman arm is MOOG, the idler arm is autozone... the idler arm which is about 2 years old is bad... i change it... i see that now the right side needs to have the tie rod adjusted cuz its toe'd way tf out... i align it as best i can by eye and by feel on the test drives... its pretty good... but the vibration isnt going away... everything is tight... im still getting some play from the brand new idler arm, but i guess thats a thing with s10s... i read somewhere here...
when i lift it up and spin the wheel theres a little knock from the BRAND NEW cv axle... i suspect this but 🤷‍♂️...
im also running 34" bf goodrich ko2s on 20" rims and the tires are almost 4years old... got 30k on em... theyre pretty beat... it could be a shifted belt or one of my rims threw the weights...
I just feel like after completely rebuilding the whole f*#&ing thing that the issue would be resolved 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️
Any tips, anything that maybe i didnt look at, anything you can think of 🤣🤣🤣

Old 10-05-2023, 10:48 AM
Beginning Member
Bigwheelblazer is on a distinguished road

I also did the engage gear in the front diff... i had a vacuum leak last year and it did that grind thing... it was probably the first time its ever been done, it was pretty gross