Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

04 Blazer 4X4 Noisey

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Starting Member
Kari Nicole Crago is on a distinguished road
Default 04 Blazer 4X4 Noisey

I just recently acquired this blazer, when I first got this it sounded like it had a wheel bearing out on the left front wheel(as best I can tell from inside) and the transfer case controls did not work, well I discovered the 4X4 controls were unplugged in the dash and I reconnected the wiring and tried the 4X4, BIG MISTAKE!!!!! now the 4X4 will not disengage and there is a terrible clicking sound from the left front wheel(as best I can tell from inside) as I drive and when in reverse it feels like it's binding up. Have any of you boys had a problem like this or any suggestions other than scraping it, this was my Daddy's and I would like to keep it

Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the 4wd related threads in the Tech Article (DIY) Index.

Hopefully you just have some fairly easy part replacement to do, but if the front axle engagement has been clicking for too long, the clutch gears inside the front axle will likely need to be replaced or at the very least cleaned up.

The binding doesn't sound good if it is binding up in a straight line. If that is the case, then you'll need to verify the gear ratios are the same front to back.