Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

4bt and sas

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Starting Member
4btBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default 4bt and sas

Hello everyone, after about a month of reading and searching i figured id hunker down and go "legit" and introduce my project to everyone.

I recently purchased a 94 s-10blazer for 700$ and have chosen the route i wanna go.

Im pulling the 4.3 and drive line out, and going to install a 3.9l Cummins, th400 and a manual transfer case( un decided on a transfer case)

Going to drop the ifs and install a set of K5 axles( they were free)

Im kinda stock on what leaf springs i should run, front and back, and what a good backspacing would be on a set of wheels, so my tires dont stick out oober far, Can anyone help me with these 2 minor hold backs, itd be greatly appriciated

Pictures of said blazer and engine will be uploaded tonite

Thanks in advance,,,, Don

Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like this should be fun you should start a build thread and keep us updated along the way.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Sounds like this should be fun you should start a build thread and keep us updated along the way.

who would i contact to move this thread to a project thread?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

you going to fab your own leaf spring mounts or buy them? if you buy them most are set up to use specific leaf springs like ones from a k5 blazer. thats what i did. flex isnt super crazy but it gets the job done. i have 3.5 backspace and the tires stick the heck out. front tires are 14 wide and pretty much stick out entirely past the front fenders, probably gonna need 0 backspacing if possible without hitting the tie rods or anything. when i put the donuts on the truck the tires sit kinda flush. with the fenders

Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Starting Member

abig84, crazy i was just trying to message you, i was going to buy the kit from sky, or similar, and i can get the k5 leafs for it, no biggie, and im not worried about flex, im not going for full wheeling vehicle i still wanna drive it around, could you point me in the direction of some pictures of your truck, i just wanna get an idea of how far out the tires will sit, and base my back spacing from there, also, what did you do for steering?