Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Alignment Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Beginning Member
brooklynRick is on a distinguished road
Default Alignment Question

Hi,

I went to an alignment shop to see if they could do my truck, 82' Jimmy. The problem is that is has a 3" lift and I bought it that way but the shop said the needed the specific alignment data for that lift so they could not do it. I'm not sure where to even start looking for that info, how can I find the maker of the lift parts, would there something be stamped on a specific part i can google?

Thanks
Rick

Old 12-08-2010, 04:05 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I've never heard of that but then again i've never tried an alignment on a lifted car. But, there should be a brand name stamped somewhere on the lift kit just not sure where it would be but I would assume it would depend on the brand.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 PM
franklin is on a distinguished road

I never heard of that before either. yes adding a suspension lift to your vehicle does change your alignment angles, but when having an alignment performed on your vehicle it should be set back to factory settings. you can raise your car up 20 inches, but you should still have your camber, caster and toe settings set back to factory.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franklin
i never heard of that before either. Yes adding a suspension lift to your vehicle does change your alignment angles, but when having an alignment performed on your vehicle it should be set back to factory settings. You can raise your car up 20 inches, but you should still have your camber, caster and toe settings set back to factory.
^^this^^