Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

death wobble, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Conner66 is on a distinguished road
Cool death wobble, HELP!

HOWS GOIN, first, i drive a 94 blazer fullsize 5.7 TBI 4x4(ofcourse) with ABS,, i got it last year(about 6 mths ago, drives great no issues, scored a set of MT Baja`s 33x12.5r15 for $250, after banging and cuttin, my front bumper, i got em on, and it looks sweet.

Took for a ride and was fine altho it seem`d to toss the steering wheel around a lil, just a shake, maybe left to right just slighty especially on bumpy roads(maybe tierods or sumpthin). But, one ride (guess i didn`t drive far enough before), i hit a bump in the road while goin about 45-50mph, and found the Death Wobble, entire front end shook like hell, but definitley from the passengers side tire. Happens all the time, when i`m above 40mph, and ONLY when i hit a bump/pothole, sends the steerin wheel back and forth too. So i tried sumthin, I went down a newly paved road, from 0-70mph for about a mile, no problems,!!! didn`t hit a bump!!!

Things Checked: tires r fine, no uneven wear, rims r good , no dents, replaced the inner and outer tierods, still does it, ( hasen`t done it when in 4x btw, but i only use in the snow and not goin 45+mph, but the steering and handling feels like it can and will,i always avoid any bumps or potholes to prevent further damage. front end seems good, did the ole` lift move left and right and top and bottom and seems good, no play, grab`d everthing by hand and try`d to move, but nothin, , turned the wheel left and right quickly to listen and heard a slight click from the pitman/steering box area, to end this ridiculously long question, i`m not sure wat it is.

I don`t have alot of money to fix everything, i replaced the inner and outters only, nothing else, everthing seems to be stock and 95% of the time it`s the passenger side tire, been driving it like this for 4 mths, gettin my taxes and could really use sum advice as where to start first, thx

Last edited by Conner66; 01-22-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would look real close at your idler arm.