Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front end Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

They wore bad because of constant parts on the front end failing. Even with the multiple alignments and new parts it was just too much over such a spread out time of the last few months. And like Kyle said the large tread lugs make it that much worse. As of right now the estimate on new tires is $715 out the door. I am not sure what I am going to do right know, because I don't have that kind of money to toss down the drain on another set of tires. Especially since these tires have less than 10,000 miles on them.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What tires were you looking at for that cost?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody "true" tires?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 PM

Same ones that are on there. I looked at a lot of different tires, and at $165 mounted and balanced per tire that was actually one of the cheaper options. It was $185 per tire for the BFG a/t and it went up from there. I know that you can get them cheaper online, but once you add in shipping and mount and balancing costs it is only slightly cheaper to get them online (like 5-10$ per tire) and it doesn't come with the shops coverage that included free flat repair, road side assistance, rotations, and alignment and balance checks.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would try rotating the tires to the other side, putting the worst tire to the rear on each side. You may be able to get them to wear back normal.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM

Did that last night, and I am just hoping for the best.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Administrator

How does it ride? Let me know how else I can help.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Does anybody "true" tires?

Found this for ya. Article.

And this guy. Contact.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:16 PM

The guy would be useful if I still lived in NC. It is an interesting concept, I have never heard of it but if you have low spots I don't see how it would help other than hack off a huge portion of your tread thus cutting the life span of the tire in half. Thanks for the help though.