Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

looking for new ball joints...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:04 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

Definetly dont go with duralast I remember post on here of people that couldnt even get them to line up correctly out of the box. The Spicer professionals which are the Napa ones are also lifetime warranty along with moog. They are only a few dollars more than the cheap ones like duralast and will more than pay for themselves if you break one

Old 12-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Think, THINK, THINK ABOUT IT

Originally Posted by jacobcnc
At the parts i go to they let me up grade parts if they brake so if i by the cheap ones when i take them back i can just pay the difference for the moog part. Ive been going to the same store so much they know me by first name, but still something you might wanna ask about.

Still changing parts over and over sux bad
Think about it for a moment. The ball joints are what, $ 100.00. And the labor is what? If you are doing it yourself, that's one thing, but saving 10 or 15 bucks with cheap parts, even if you can upgrade if they break, is false savings. It not only costs you the cost of the upgraded parts if/when they break, but you get to pay the labor twice. And no, the mechanic isn't going to guarantee the parts if they didn't provide them.

I have always prefered Moog suspension components, but NAPA stuff is usually pretty darn good too.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

I will never and have never taken a car to a shop, probly never will. Im just saying if your short on cash at the time it needs done it is one route you can go. I pretty much assumed he would be doing it himself.

But i would also never use duralast anything they pretty much suck. Have had good luck with other store brands though.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

like many others have said, don't be cheap in your choice of replacement parts when it comes to suspension & brakes.

I've always used Moog parts-and the odd Spicer stuff when my supplier switched for awhile-and have never had any breakage issue with anything, and i'm extremely hard on my trucks (and cars for that matter).

i think it was MrJP that already said it nuts to buy cheap parts. even if they'll upgrade you later (when they break), it's still down time. and even if you end up doing the work yourself, thinking you'll be saving money when you do it the next time, if any of them break, you'll have to end up paying for a tow home.

even if you don't do much off-roading, or aren't to rough on it when you do, even street driving can be murder on the front end (pot holes are a bi*ch).

Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what everyone's point is is DON'T skimp on front end parts. It is your safety you have to worry about and of your family and loved ones. And I don't of anyone that enjoys being stranded on the side of the road waiting for a tow.