Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Opinions on the rough country lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Beginning Member
rickyp3278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opinions on the rough country lift

I did a quick browse of the Rough Country lift posts, but didn't quite find the answers I was looking for, so i'm gonna post. I have a 2002 2 door 4wd LS Blazer, with 31in mud-terrains and an add-a-leaf kit. I am looking to do a suspension lift. I want to do the rough country lift. here's my question...can anybody give me their opinion on the difference between the ride quality of stock vs. rough country lift? I want the opinions of that particular lift. Going with that over the superlift saves me over $300. It is my daily driver, and I am not a hard core off roader, but When I do take it off road during hunting season, I want that couple extra inches of ground clearance.For those that have the lift, you know what the kit comes with...will it wear out my front end or my tires? Give me your opinions on the ride quality, performance, look, and parts quality, and any other info you could provide. I appreciate it fellas. Thanks!
Rick

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 AM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Opinions on the rough country lift

well i dont have the rough country lift i dont know who i got it from but it was the new torsions keys and shackles, the ride roughens a little but that also depends on how high you crank it up but as far a tire wear i have notice no difference the front end wear i did the lift in approx june, at the time my hubs were bad so i had to replace them anyway along with the lower ball joints but so far the axles are still ok the upper ball joints are still stock and fine and the lowers i JUST had to replace due to me not keeping up on matenence on them so they rusted on the inside but i just did the ball joints last weekend, hope this helps you!