Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Plow and Lift kit help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM
SwampThing is on a distinguished road
Default Plow and Lift kit help

I recently purchased a Sno Way plow for my 1998 4 door Blazer. The plow weighs roughly 300lbs including the frame. I also bought a RC 2.5" lift for the plow so I have more room if the front end sags too much or if I hit a bump or whatever.
My question is, if I install the lift and use the plow, will I encounter any problems with parts wearing out quicker vs no lift? The reason I ask if because my friend, who drives a 2500, installed a leveling kit for use with a plow and he had some suspension problems. His plow was over 700lbs however. Any info would help. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The new RC lift comes with drop brakets for the front diff to put the cv's back in line so that should help some. As with any vehicle adding an acc like a plow is going to put more stress on the vehicle than was intended so the chance of breaking something naturally goes up. I would say just do a really good inspection of everything and make sure you keep everything well greased and you should be ok. One thing you might do that allot of guys do to help out their front end is swap in some zr2 tbars. They are a little beefier than non zr2 bars and would help to handle the additional weight of the plow.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

+1 on replacing your torsion bars with the heavier bars from a ZR2. That'll go a long way towards helping to support that extra 300lbs hanging off the front of your truck. It will also help reduce how much your front end drops when you hit bumps with the plow on.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:37 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with upgrading the tbars. Also the lift wont help wear on the front end... ALL plow trucks get wear on the front end .

You can keep it at stock height and just upgrade the tbars. Question is this a daily driver?