Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Quality parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member
krkline2gdsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quality parts?

I need to do some suspension work. I think it will be less time consuming to just buy all new upper and lower control arms and then install them although I may take the Moog ball joint/ES bushing combo on stock arms. Anyways, has anyone heard of any issues about these no name parts? Autozone sells a name called duralast and its a good price but what about the quailty? Any rumors going around that the ball joints fail in these things?

I will be replacing the pitman arm, upper and lower control arms, rotors, pads, brake lines, & outer/inner tie rods. The front end is much to sloppy and after 193 turned on the clock today, its about that time to replace it all and enjoy the some offroading without worrying bout being stuck 1000ft off road with a broken ball joint.

Opinions?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
xdualgatex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Quality parts?

I'm looking at doing the same thing (99 4WD Blazer) - want to put good components in (AC-Delco or Spicer professional I am told are the ones to look for) and can't find an upper control arm that has either good ball joints installed or none installed. Reading other threads has me a little leery of trying to press out the old bushings and press in the new ones. Any ideas?

Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Quality parts?

Moog makes good products and so does Power Performance Motorsports. Power Performances products have a 1 million mile warranty and have been tested against Moog. I have AC Delco balljoints and they are the worst. In two weeks I will be replacing them with power performance products. As for controll arms, if your truck is 2wd there are several companies that make arms like suicide doors but they are exspensive. But if its 4wd then I'm not sure who makes aftermarket arms. Guess you'll just have to get enery suspension bushings and find someone with a press.