Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Rear end options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road
Default Funny! LOL

Originally Posted by justin69x
Travis I take it this kit uses the stock axel shafts? I would rather go this route because I as well don't really want to swap to a different set up. Who make this kit and how much are they going for?
I just put those parts on my coffee table and shot it with my trusty camera!

The G80, I got it on Ebay - Rebuilt for $225 shipped.

The Cover, I got on Ebay - New in the box $150 shipped.

"C" Clips, I got at the my local Chevy dealer $10 and arrived next day.

Bearings, "U" joints, crush washer, and pinion nut , I got at my local NAPA $90 all in stock.

Any who, you have to do some collecting, but it's worth it!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Beginning Member
pieboy14120 is on a distinguished road
Default axle? locker?

hi, i have a 99 blazer that has the trailblazer package and i've done a little research on the truck and found that it had an option for a locking dif from the factory. now seeing that i have all the other options that were available for this package how do i tell if i have this axle? and if so is it good enough for light off roading?

Old 03-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Look for the RPO code G80 on the RPO sticker located inside your glove box. If the RPO sticker is missing or not legible, type your VIN into compnine.com's vin decoder.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 PM
justin69x is an unknown quantity at this point

So i think im leaning towards the 8.5 zr2 rear diff but now i have to worry about changing my front gear ratio from 3.42 to 3.73 to match the rear. Does anyone know who makes a 3.73 gear to fit in the stock blazer front diff, or are the Zr2 front diff and the normal blazer diff interchangeable. And if all this comes together do i have to do anything to my transfer case to accouunt for different gear ratios? Any input is appreciated!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
justin69x is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the ZR2 differential bolted in effortlessly, everything is the same as the blazer diff except for the u joint which i will have to change to the ZR2 style. And the width difference is so nice. That was the onlt thing that bugged me about my truck was the narrow rear end but now it is almost perfectly inline with the front.