Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Swapped the rear ends out now i need some help

Old 11-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Ridinblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swapped the rear ends out now i need some help

Ok well i have a 96 blazer with rear drum breaks which i blew the rear end out, so i decided to swap the rear end out and added a rear end from a 2000 blazer rear disc brakes. i bolted everything down and put everything back together. started to bleed the system and it seems like not that much fluid is coming out and when i put the truck in drive the calipers aren't squezzing to stop the rotor. i heard i may need a new paportioning valve is this true. if so where is it located

Old 11-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Ridinblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Swapped the rear ends out now i need some help

and i also noticed that on 96 you can adjust your proportining valve

Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Swapped the rear ends out now i need some help

I am assuming ABS right? I did read somewhere that you may need a Tech 2 scan tool to open your ABS valves to get fluid out. Not entirely sure though.