Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

T-bar Crank/Shackle Lift Shock question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
huntersblaze is on a distinguished road
Default T-bar Crank/Shackle Lift Shock question

I did a 1.5" T-bar crank/ Shackle lift and I am in need of new shocks, I have searched a lot of threads and the general consensus is that stock sized shocks work with this lift but if you want full articulation while offroading, which I do, then you should get longer shocks.
Now I want to get Bilstein Shocks but I cant find any that are 1-2" longer shocks for our trucks. If someone has found these please let me know, if these are non-existent then could those who have done a T-bar crank/ Shackle lift and have bought longer shocks that are comparable in quality to bilstein's tell me what you got and where you got them. Thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 11:17 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

take the original shock off measure it and then add 2 inches to that and that is the length you need if they dont have one that length then get one just a little longer than that. Billstein is not the only shocks that are good quality, fox shocks are great, pro comp makes a higher end shock that rocks as well. Once you get the measurment of what size you need just search around and you will find what you need bro...

Old 10-13-2010, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

shocks in the front don't have to be 2" longer than stock. Mine are 2" longer than stock and the control arms only go down so far and the shocks may extend half way maybe a little more. In the front I'd say you can stay with the stock size. In the rear it would be helpful to get the 2" longer shocks the axle has much better flexibility with longer shocks. Still the shocks still don't come out the whole way in the back but its a significant difference from the stock size shocks.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
huntersblaze is on a distinguished road

What do you guys think about going with ZR2 bilsteins in the back, This might be a good Idea but I think ZR2's have 3" higher suspensions, I don't know how that equates in shock length but I only lifted my suspension 1.5", and If the ZR2 shocks are too long that would mean I would bottom out my shocks too easily and that would be worse than them topping out every once in a while if I went with stock sized, Just a thought, wondering if anybody's tried it.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I believe if you get full size chevy shocks they are about 2" longer than blazer shocks