Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

torsion bar question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default torsion bar question?

Just wondering, i put new shocks in and when i hit a big bump in the road their is a loud squeeking noise. could my torsion bars be bad or set wrong? what is the stock distance that the bolts for the torsion should be in or out? s10 4x4 94 blazer is what I have.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: torsion bar question?

There is no set measurement for the adjusting bolts as each torsion bar is different.

As far as the source of the squeak, you may want to try some spray lubricant around the bushings to see which one may be the culprit.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the squeak. I have had suspension squeaks since I've owned the truck and have grease lubed and silcon sprayed everything that moves under the truck without success.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past

correction, its less of a squeek and more of a poping sound when i hit a larger bump or dip in the road. i picked up some spray for the bushings so i will lube them up. i dont want the bolts all of the way in right, there has to be some happy medium.