Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

wheel bearing/hub assembly brands

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 AM
samurai_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wheel bearing/hub assembly brands

Currently replacing wheel bearing/hub assembly on my 2000 Blazer 4WD. Is there a certain brand to get or to avoid? I'm trying to decide between the Timken or NTP. The NTP runs about $129, while the Timken runs about $185. Any opinions? Or are there other alternatives? I'd like to save money of course, but not at the expense of cheap parts that may fail within a year or safety.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
SD40T2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: wheel bearing/hub assembly brands

I would go with the timikin myself, however my '00 blazer has ate front hubs at around a set every 1.5 years the first 3 sets were under warrenty and were OEM brand the last set were timikin from napa that I installed so far so good but for some reason the newer blazers are rough on bearings,the '94 it replaced had the original bearings in it and we retired it with 280,000 miles on it and the '89 I still have has all the originals at 160,000. Good Luck.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Try these on for size. That site is run by a member on this forum, and they're on sale now! If you curious about the quality, feel free to PM Jigg. I plan on purchasing a set in the next couple weeks.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:48 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer

Try these on for size. That site is run by a member on this forum, and they're on sale now! If you curious about the quality, feel free to PM Jigg. I plan on purchasing a set in the next couple weeks.
X2
I just bought a set today and have bought quite a few items from Justin over the past few months. Great guy to do business with.

The biggest problem with the 4X4 S-10s are putting on aftermarket rims with not enough backspace. Nothing will eat up your front end parts quicker. If you've got aftermarket rims you might want to go back to the stock rims or find some with more backspace. Not a lot of options on the market for us unfortunately.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Cooligan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am curious about the quality of these. I like the fact that they are made in the US rather than Japan where the crap hubs are made and the fact that they are less than $100. Anybody have these and what is your experience with them?

http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...mp;productId=5

Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Jap crap less then $100.
What was the cost of those again?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Banned
michaelross is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by samurai_24
Currently replacing wheel bearing/hub assembly on my 2000 Blazer 4WD. Is there a certain brand to get or to avoid? I'm trying to decide between the Timken or NTP. The NTP runs about $129, while the Timken runs about $185. Any opinions? Or are there other alternatives? I'd like to save money of course, but not at the expense of cheap parts that may fail within a year or safety.
I go for TImken.. its a direct fit OE replacement wheel hub assembly.. I have it on my chevy and its good.. So far i'm not having any problems with it..

Last edited by michaelross; 09-29-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member
abprice is on a distinguished road
Default What indicated need for new wheel hub assembly?

What indicated you needed a new wheel hub assembly? in other words how did you know that's what you needed to do?

Last edited by abprice; 09-28-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Beginning Member
Gibbles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Just make sure you torque the axle nut to 180foot pounds with those bearings, mine did not come with the little piece of paper so I used the 103lbs that everyone told me, they ended up replacing the bearing after Justin working with them, and the replacment had the paper in the box.