Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Collision Story

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:28 PM
blazin8556 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Collision Story

I was on my way to meet my g/f at a gas station cause i was supposed to go with her to the doc's office. i stopped my little blazer behind (wouldn't you know it) a 4 door jimmy. leaving about 1 car length between my truck and the one in front, the radio was turned down just enough to hear it when i stop, and the windows were down. glanced in the rearview at the lincoln town car behind me and then lit a cigarette. as i set my lighter down i heard screeching tires then WHAM, the car behind the lincoln was hit, which then hit the lincoln. my thoughts, oh no! not my blazer. my only ride to work. i turned the wheels to the left and gunned it, getting into the middle turn lane. i stopped and looked back and the big ol' lincoln was sitting where i was. the car that hit first was not recognizable, the middle car was a toyota avalon, and then of coarse the lincoln. all three cars were filled with girls. all crying and sobbing, and i had to give a statement, and get on with it. the cops where i live come out of nowhere. you never have to call them on a collision, its like they know and just ......appear. i was in an accident about 2 days prior with a company truck, and wouldn't you know it, they just ......appeared, two chips and a cruiser. but that one is another story, not my fault.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Beginning Member
DR.blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Collision Story

good thing reacted quickly would been a shame to see your blazer with out a tailgate.
cool story

Old 04-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Beginning Member
1995 Blazer is on a distinguished road

yea ive had times like that you escape destruction at the last second then afterward you say how in the world did i do that

Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

lucky for you
where i live, we have to wait 2 hours for the cops to come

Old 07-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Beginning Member
transformer is on a distinguished road
Default grrrr

were they texting???

things like this happen inevitably when you drive something nice that you care about... I think it happens even more so when you drive a $30K hot rod! THEY JUST DONT SEE YOU...