Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Eating Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Eating Mustangs

I don't see how having something made by JDM makes any difference. I like the looks of Euro's lights better than the stockers... As if the use of such a product makes his opinions or experiences of any lesser value than your own... Please... Most of the parts on these trucks are made in China anyhow...

Back to discussing the ACTUAL topic of this thread...

Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kyle.

Anyway,02 Vortech, I didn't make the signature anyway. TripleBlackBlazer made it. I would brag about having JDM by putting it in my signature, I just thought it was common courtesy to put up the signature for a while so as to be polite.
The "handheld dyno" thing was something the guy plugged in to the OBD port, and it gave a reading of what power the engine was producing betweenidle and 5100 RPMs... whether its accurate, I'm not sure.

OK. yes thats a V6 Mustang 01 model with 19" rims, fully equipped with a Clarion system with two 15s in the trunk, two twelves in theback footspace. No performance mods at all. Driver is fat.
I was running my Blazer with the Flowmaster exhaust, 11.5 inch intake with duct and scoop. Less than 1/4 tank of 93 octane ethanol.

The point of the dicussion is that I beat the guy's Mustang, not whether or not its possible to beat the Mustang. ALSO, why would I lie about this?

Clearly what gave me the edge was that I had a lot more skill behind the wheel than my opponent, not that my Blazer was any quicker than the Mustang.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Gyar, it don't be mattering what the opponent be driving, if he's a bad driver, ye can beat him in pretty much any vehicle!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Although i agree stang's are fast cars, i think we give them way to much credit. I have seen many the last 10 years more foriegn than domestic that would walk away from any stang. Granted blazers are not fzast per say but most stangs that i have seen at a lube center i worked part-time at toped out at 85 mph blazers top out at 100 mph blazers do 14.2 in the 1/4 mile stock stangs do 16.5. The stang will always beat a blazer off the line but in distance the blazer would win out unless the stang is the boss, or the saleen. Now i'm only refering to the v-6's not the v-8's. My first car was a 69' rs 427 camaro with all the goodies and i would race it at great lakes drag way and i found alot of the serious racers with stangs didn't even have ford engines in them. And yes it does depend on the driver. Not that i;m saying it will happen in every case. I know a guy with a 87' lx stang that would race people all the time for pink's and he would tell you "you will see my stang for 8 seconds" and then he would put it back in the trailor and collect your pink slip. Till this day no one knows what he had in it but it was fast as hell. This is just all my opinion though.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Um... 14.2sec 1/4mi Blazer...[&:] Something doesn't sound right...

Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Um... 14.2sec 1/4mi Blazer...[&:] Something doesn't sound right...
Has anyone seen my missing 2.75 seconds? I seem to have dropped it.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
*Old_School* is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, sorry to start a bash, i was just currious. So there is a company called JDM, it doesnt just stand for japanese domestig market? Anyway, on the topic of this thread, yes drivers make a huge difference. Did anyone watch the show bullrun? A F-150 beat a lamborgini in a slalom drag combo event without any handicaps. How? The lamborgini's driver sucked and spun his car out, making him take much longer than a truck.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM
offroaddude77 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey not tryin to bash you man its just i've raced alot of v6 mustangs and with my tune and other stuff i barely pull on one. i mean if he was a bad driver then so be it. but if he was just a little bit of a decent driver hewould have walked on you all day long. thats all

-my blazer ran 15.69 last year with lots of mods- and to be honest its not really worth it anymore if you want to go fast save your pennies and nickels and buy something else-

and for the 14.2 second blazer, umm its possible with allllooootttt of mods and lots of spray, but def. not worth it.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

A turbo running 8lbs or so of boost, would probably bump the Blazer into the 14s...

And somehow, I don't see the v6 mustang topping out at 85MPH... My old Lumina was governed at 124MPH... And had plenty more to go, lol. The 'stang is way more aerodynamic than a Blazer, even if it had a little less power, it should still go faster... If the v6 'stang is governed at 85MPH.... Then it's the first vehicle I've heard of that's capped at less than 98MPH

Old 08-16-2007, 09:12 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

v6 mustangs runabout a 16.5 1/4 mi THEY ARE NOT FAST. get over it he beat the mustang so have i.v6 mustangs that are stock are some of the slowest cars i have been in.

Quick Reply: Eating Mustangs