Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Factory Freak Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
offroaddude77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Factory Freak Blazer

Ok so i got really lucky last feburary when i purchased my 2001 2wd 2 dr blazer. Stock its was running a 16.7 in the quarter which was better then it was supposed to be. Now more mods have been done and its been tuned by Mach Performance for 91 octane. Whos nows what this thing is gonna runn now it was projected by mach to run 14.8-14.9 on a custum 87 octane tune. but now bill knows its a freak and tuned it to 91 on top of that. So im guesin low 14's easy after i get the limit slip in, cause hooking right now is a joke to yokahamas just go up in smoke hahahahha track times will be posted soon. was gonna go today but the tune got postponed till today so now i have to wait a week or two till i can get it out to the track and run it.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:30 AM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Factory Freak Blazer

That seams kind of crazy running 14's in a blazer. What kind of mods?

Old 09-27-2006, 02:01 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

it take a little bit to lose 2 seconds in the 1/4 mile..what kinda mods did u have done?

Old 09-27-2006, 12:41 PM

umm i have a cia with heat shields and soon to be heat wraped, and moved the sensors around to fool with computer alittle. took out the eyebrow in the intake and polished the whole inside of it, cleaned the intake. trans has custom servos and some other stuff done. different plugs. and the pcm was tuned by mach for 91 octane and he played with the trans settings to get the most out of my servos and line pressure. i also lowered my blazer 5 inches not that that matters but. i beat an 01 gt mustang yesterday with exhaust and cia. and a stock ws6 last week

Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Now a factory stock GT I can beleive if you are actually running 14.7sec, but I'm still skeptical of your times. A stock GT will run right around your time, but open the exhaust and intake and all bets are off.

Now I'm calling flat out BS on your WS6 story. A bone stock WS6 TA will run mid-to-low 13sec 1/4s all day long! Only thing that may slow one down is if they can't get traction, but he'd have to smoke the launch to loose almost a full second!

You have those slips yet? How about your 1/4 trap speed? 60' time? 1/8th mile time/speed? And actually, now that you stretched things alittle further, I'm pretty much going to have to see a video of you passing the 1/4 in the times you quote to lower my BS flag.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 PM

no i havent made it to the track yet still tryin to make down there but my front hub went saturday and that pretty much ruined my chance, so im still waiting to get down there. it wasnt a newer ws6, it didnt have an ls1 yeah right id call bs on myself if i said i beat an ls1. but the gt just had a cat back exhaust and k&n on it and a stupid cocky kid behined the wheel.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:33 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

umm i have a cia with heat shields and soon to be heat wraped, and moved the sensors around to fool with computer alittle. took out the eyebrow in the intake and polished the whole inside of it, cleaned the intake. trans has custom servos and some other stuff done. different plugs. and the pcm was tuned by mach for 91 octane and he played with the trans settings to get the most out of my servos and line pressure.
WOWWW! If that's all it takes to run low 14's........I'm going to port my heads, install a 2400 stall converter and a set of 4.56:1 gears and I should easily get into the 10 second range huh?..............I Smell SHIITTTT!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
slammins15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your on the wrong site go find some honda boys to believe that bs.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:48 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same year engine and size blazer and mine ran 16.72 stock it runs an even 16 with the mods I made to it(which is more than a few). So this story sounds like crap to me!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys...I think he's kidding. You know, trying to liven up the forum a bit. Or......at least I hope he is kidding.

Quick Reply: Factory Freak Blazer