Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Missed passing opportunity.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

No concealed carry just means people who follow the rules aren't able to protect themselves. If theres some low-life who was illegally carrying a gun before, he's still going to carry. In Fl we have whats called the Castle Doctrine which essentially means:

"One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them. In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims."

Also, wlorton, check with local laws. Here, if you have a baseball bat in your vehicle its considered a weapon and you can get arrested for carrying it. However, if you have a baseball and/or a glove also in your vehicle, then you're golden. I keep my seats folded down 90% of the time, so I keep my baseball bat tucked between the folded seats and the backs of the front seats with a baseball in my center console and ag love in the side comparments. If a cop pulls me over and asks about the bat, all I have to do is show him the baseball and glove and explain how my co-workers and I get together once every week or two for a little baseball.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ it's about freakin' time! (refering to Castle Doctrine statement)

Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i have my big barrel bat in my trunk because i'm a little league baseball coach and i have the sticker on my rear window to show it. but i didn't think i'd have a little arrogant man in my face

Old 07-11-2010, 08:44 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Phil
Also, wlorton, check with local laws. Here, if you have a baseball bat in your vehicle its considered a weapon and you can get arrested for carrying it. However, if you have a baseball and/or a glove also in your vehicle, then you're golden. I keep my seats folded down 90% of the time, so I keep my baseball bat tucked between the folded seats and the backs of the front seats with a baseball in my center console and ag love in the side comparments. If a cop pulls me over and asks about the bat, all I have to do is show him the baseball and glove and explain how my co-workers and I get together once every week or two for a little baseball.
Well, I do have my seats folded down and the axe under the flip down panels, or if I happen to have my seats up, its right in front of the back seat. I also own a 300 replica sword, that almost got me in trouble this way, so I am extra careful.

At school, you are not allowed any weapons, and guns must be kept in the Bradley University Police Station, ie people who hunt cant keep the gun in their vehicle (even if unloaded and locked up) unless they are leaving to go hunt. I had the sword in my apartment and took it home after the news story where a college student fatally wounded an intruder and was going to be punished. But the Castle Doctrine is something that I have to love, because if someone enters my domain, and wants to hurt me, I would very much like to stop it for good.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

When Jeb Bush signed the Castle Doctrine I was ecstatic. Its such a sensable law to protect the victim. Florida laws are awesome.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea my dad is going on 60 years of age and he was attacted on his way home from work . He works at IBM the late shift and he said the truck behind himkept flashing there lights so he pulled over thinking they needed help and two guys got out of there truck and beat my dad up pretty bad (broken ear drums , ear almost severed off and much other damage .One of the guys had brass nuckles . Talk about pissed I wish i could find there dads or grandparents and beat them . The police didn't really seem to even care , we are in a small town where everyone ones everyone . This could have happened to anybody thats the scary part .The people that did it got away scott free.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wlorton
I hate to be Mr. ThreadCrapper... But I have a nice axe and whiffle ball bat tucked behind my seat, so that if I were to get out.... I am NEVER alone....

But in IL, there is NO conceal and carry... So no REAL worry of getting shot... kinda
Why a wiffle ball?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Ummm you're replying to a post 18 months old?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Ummm you're replying to a post 18 months old?

Not to mention Will left a long time ago when he got a GTO. haha

love resurrection threads.