Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Road in an Autocross car yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Road in an Autocross car yesterday

Man it sure doesnt look fast watching but dam them things sure are flying. The person I rode with ran a 72.5 on the course(second fastest car of the day) and my god for never getting out of second gear it sure is fast. I think whatever I buy weather it be a Vette or Fbody or Audi I will definately set it up for road racing. It was so much fun so much better than drag racing.

The car was a fully(as fully preped as you can be and still be street legal) preped for road racing ZO6. It had the suspension work, cage, racing seats, 5 point harness, 450whp.

I guess the point of this post is to say that auto crossing isnt as boring as it may look watching. Anyone considering doing it has to try it. But dont try with your Blazers.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Road in an Autocross car yesterday

If you thought that was fun, try the same thing in a race preped 350whp turbo miata!! Friend from work had one and man that thing was a little slot car on crack! Same guy now has a 500whp BMW M3 setup for autocross. I've ridden in both and man they were amazing.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:28 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

try taking a ride in a drift car for a few laps what a fricken rush my buddy at work has a 240sx with an rb26dett motor swap and some other serious motor work done to it he had it dyno'd at 750hp which is ridiculous but man was it a freakin blast.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

If you thought that was fun, try the same thing in a race preped 350whp turbo miata!! Friend from work had one and man that thing was a little slot car on crack! Same guy now has a 500whp BMW M3 setup for autocross. I've ridden in both and man they were amazing.
Miata is a little "girlly" for me but I bet that M3 was/is awesome. There is a guy that attends the local events he is usally always number 1 unless there is a open wheeled car there. It is a stock E36 M3.

It was so much fun I decided whatever car I buy next year I will set up for road racing. There is a road race track about 3-4 hours from me that I will attend.