Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

wanna be faster than a 00 sierra

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 PM
1slowblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: wanna be faster than a 00 sierra

what is a TES exactly?

*combining consecutive posts*

i have no problem going nitrous, and probably will, but if i do i definitly want all the safety features you were talking about.

*EDIT: swartlkk* - Combined consecutive posts. Please use the edit function to add additional information to your post if another member has not yet replied.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Edelbrock TES = Edelbrock Tubular Exhaust System

Its what Edelbrock calls their headers.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
1slowblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

well i just found out he has the 4.8, so maybe i have a chance. especially with a nitrous system. would a fogger be okay, i know someone with one for sale

Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Gonna go heads up? aah yes, nitrous, love it or loathe it. Careful you my ruin your motor.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:27 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

from a little bit of exp. your truck, the way it sits now will lose to his sierra, but if you do any of those mods (blower, turbo, nitrous oxide, and possibly builing up the motor depending on what you actually do) you will beat him. The 4.8 shines in the high reving department. of truck engines and in my opinion the 4.3 which is based off of the 350 is a torquey motor (just my opinion atleast thats what GM's goal was when they built the 5.3L and 4.8Lto replace the 5.7L and 5.0L) anyways if you can use the weight advantage you may have, and turn the 4.3L into a fast reving motor you will win hands down. On the other hand he has 2wd and its a regular cab so he is really light, and has alot less power loss by having 2wd, when you order a 2wd truck they typically come with 3.23s, 3.08s and sometimes 3.42s. rarely in a half ton do you actually see them with 3.73s like my truckor 4.10s(my truck is a 4x4 z-71). This is to your advantage since he has no 5.3L for the gained torque and he now has crappy gears to get him off the line.anyways thats just my opinion for whatever its worth hopefully you all agree and i brought up some valid points.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-26-2007, 10:13 AM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 94 s10 blazer with intake headers and full exhaust no cat and 186k on it and i can beat stock 1500s all day along with f150s
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Holy old thread... Thanks for your contribution.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

wow old thread.... sounds interesting to me that you can beat 1500s stock are you talking about 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0s also not just v6 work trucks? because that vortecmax would walk away from your truck if all you have is headers its actually an ss with a normal body in a half ton truck very quick!

Old 09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I cant hold a candle to our 2003 silverado 5300...lol

Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with 2001blazer you going to need to pack in a sh*t load of parts including a blower or turbo to even put a dent in traking a fullsize truck. Only if its a V6 work truck would somewhat be even. Remember these engine are based off of a 350 with 2 less cylinders and are very torquey and for the most part are low rpm engines. Mine lives in the 1,200 to 2,000 rpm just driving. When I am taking off or when I need just a little more 2,200 rpm to 3,000 rpm. 3,000 rpm is nothing compared to where most vehicle live rpm wise. Remember we may not have the biggest engines, the lightest trucks but from what I can tell we have just as much if not more fun than Jeeps. My dad has a Jeep and hes kind ofa diehard with jeeps, but he admitts that I can hold my own on a trail and believe not a couple time I have got through shi't that he spun and got hung up in.

Quick Reply: wanna be faster than a 00 sierra