Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

wanna be faster than a 00 sierra

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: wanna be faster than a 00 sierra

everyone has made many great points in this whole thread i read all of them and i had to add my experience in the whole fullsize versus s-series mine is a classic one my best friend has a 98 1500 with the 5.0 in it with a throttle body spacer c.a.i. and a flowmaster exhaust so of course he said that his was alot faster well all i have is the poor mans c.a.i. which all i did was take out the factory air box and threw on a cone filter and then did a tune up the same time he did his well we went out to the track just to be fare we lined up and i took him by a respectable gap well i beat him by a length and a half and we both have automatics. it surprised me when it happened then we did it again same result. you just have to quick on the throttle but if your buddy has a 5.7 then yea you will need some extra power. take the advice given previous to you.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:49 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Im happy beating the crap out of those h3's and colorado's. PFFT 5 cylinder saab motor.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Torque makes the world go 'round.

Personally, I'd much rather have the 5.3 in my Blazer...

A turbo might be nice, but most don't spool effectively until at least 1500 - 2000 RPM, usually more, which isn't much good when crawling up a hill, lol.

Odd that the Colorado/Canyon would be slower than a Blazer (assuming the Canyon/Colorado is 3.5 or 3.7 equipped) since it makes more HP, almost as much torque, has a much flatter torque curve, and weighs less...

Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I guess im just really cool?

Old 10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Well, there's that, but I've done it too... Heck, my old Z34 could do it...

I think there's something in those things that's messing up... (Could be the engine, lol)