Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

97 blazer sas questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:52 PM
pacecountryboy is on a distinguished road
Default 97 blazer sas questions

I have a 97 4dr 4x4 blazer Iam doing a sas on. I have access to sets of jeep wagoneer axles. But I would like to run the rodeo rear axle what year axles should I look for off the rodeo. I work at a auto salvage yard so I have access to all kinds of part and axles just trying to figure what will work for what Iam wanting to do. And I heard you can take the lockers off the rodeo and put them in the front jeep axle also I just want to make sure I don't forget anything. Any help would be nice and yes I have googled it a few different times but couldn't really track down what year axles I need to be looking for thank alot or any help

Old 03-30-2018, 11:44 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

93+ rodeos have the disc brake Dana 44 rear end from what I've heard. I'm not sure about swapping a rodeo diff to the front waggy axle though...some dana44s have reverse cut gears and some don't. I forget which has which.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:16 PM
pacecountryboy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyriders
93+ rodeos have the disc brake Dana 44 rear end from what I've heard. I'm not sure about swapping a rodeo diff to the front waggy axle though...some dana44s have reverse cut gears and some don't. I forget which has which.
thanks for the input Ian gonna do a little more research and try and see what I can come up with I have a guy I know that owns a company that builds custom drive shafts and builds axles Ian gonna give him a call and see what we can find out I'll let you know what I figure out

Old 09-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyriders
I don't believe the diffs will swap. They are both standard rotation 44s and I believe you can use the ring and pinions but not sure on the carriers. From the research I did before considering this route, you should be able to transplant the e-brake and disk brake set up from the rodeo axle to the waggy axle. I didn't go this way and just used weld on brackets so I could run larger calipers and have the same ones all around.