Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

shackles, T-bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:51 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shackles, T-bar

So i finally got some 2inch lift daystar shackles on my 2000 ZR2 blazer. It was probably one of the harder things i have ever done. Ive seen a lot of posts saying they are having troubles getting out the bottum bolt so heres what i did. The bolt through the leaf spring gets siezed up in the bushing i wrenched on it, hit it with a BFH and got nothing, So iliterally cut the shackle in half and took off the part thats connected to the side where the nuts were (the nuts aren't to bad to get out) then i had the drill out the rubber and pulled the bolt out and replaced the bushing. Its a ZR2 2dr so it was a pain to get to the bolts with the gas tank but i just worked around it. In all it took like 10 hours to do . I still have to crank the T-bars a little to level it out with the back but it doesnt look like it will take much like an inch probably. I think the back was sagging a bit i didnt measure it wish i would have to see how much lift i actually got. From my sig it looks like it sat a lot lower in the back.

Hope this helps somebody. Also ill through some pics online when i get the t bars cranked which should be done by this weekend.